I’m on a mission to help others become more fulfilled, confident, profitable and informed. There are no affiliate links on this page. –Laura Lollar (bolded titles below = links)
Listen to my interview with Dr. Doug Butler of Butler Professional Farrier School and author, Essential Principles of Horseshoeing
The CARLA Concept™ is my proprietary model to help people raise an issue, prove their point and communicate with confidence. Useful for problem-solving, change management and issue resolution.
Wildfire Survivors Tips Booklet (PDF): After losing our home and my business in a Colorado wildfire, I searched in vain for tips to help us figure out what to do next. This free tips booklet is for other survivors AFTER the fire.
Download I, Pencil (PDF): a simple explanation of the “invisible hand” market force based on production of an ordinary pencil. It was introduced in Adam Smith’s book, The Wealth of Nations.
Thoughts on Writing by Thomas Sowell. You can’t go wrong with anything written by Thomas Sowell, Economist, Rose and Milton Friedman Senior Fellow, the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
Jordan Peterson Videos: He will get you thinking. Author of 12 Rules for Life, he’s direct and provocative. Visit Jordan Peterson Videos on YouTube.
Hillsdale College Free Online Courses: Hillsdale is a national leader in free online courses averaging more than 1,000 enrollments per day across all courses. “Constitution 101” now has more than 800,000 students worldwide. Learn from some of today’s best teacher-scholars in the fields of literature, politics, history, economics and English. Visit Hillsdale.edu
Range Magazine: an award-winning publication devoted to issues that threaten the West, its people, lifestyles, lands and wildlife. You can download portions of their most recent issue online for free. The photography is jaw dropping. Visit RangeMagazine.com
MikeRowe.com: The “Dirty Jobs” guy is on a mission to close the skills gap and promote jobs that do not require a four year education – i.e. the trades. He’s one of my favorites. Visit MikeRowe.com
Greg Walcher’s Blog: Greg Walcher is one of the most recognized and respected national leaders in natural resources policy. He is a policy adviser to the Heartland Institute and a fellow at the American Spectator and Centennial Institute. He specializes in issues related to energy, water, endangered species and wildlife, forest management, public lands and private property rights. Visit GregWalcher.com
Free Range Report: dedicated to providing an honest and consistent web-based resource for issues important to rural Western families: Human Rights, Statehood Equality, Property Rights, Grazing, Water, Agriculture, Livestock, Hunting, Federal Control of Resources and Lands, etc. Click here to read my article on Colorado Proposition 112 (defeated)
Imprimis Magazine: this free monthly speech digest of Hillsdale College is dedicated to educating citizens and promoting civil and religious liberty by covering cultural, economic, political, and educational issues. Imprimis is one of the most widely circulated opinion publications in the nation with over 3.9 million subscribers. Visit imprimis.hillsdale.edu
Mountain States Legal Foundation: A nonprofit, public interest legal foundation dedicated to individual liberty, the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, and the free enterprise system that defends constitutional liberties and the rule of law. Visit MountainStatesLegal.org and The Litigator newsletter.
Prager University: Short Videos. Big Ideas. Straight talk. Common sense perspectives.
BUSINESS PROVIDERS I RECOMMEND:
Hix Video: Robert Hix is a business video producer, editor and content strategist. He produces broadcast-quality LIVE programming for businesses and brands that highlight their distinct business proposition across their website and social media pages. You can find Robert on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Click here to view his Portfolio.
MY READING LIST — books and articles
- Grateful American by Gary Sinise (Click here to read his story)
- I Am Not Sick I Don’t Need Help: How to Help Someone with Mental Illness Accept Treatment, Xavier Amador
- Marijuana is More Dangerous Than You Think, Alex Berenson (Click here to read Wall Street Journal Article)
- Book Yourself Solid, Michael Port
- Building a Storybrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen, Donald Miller
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, Jordan B. Peterson
- The Second World Wars, Victor Davis Hanson
- Carrots and Sticks Don’t Work: Build a Culture of Employee Engagement with the Principles of RESPECT, Paul L. Marciano
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, John M. Gottman, Ph.D.
- It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy, D. Michael Abrashoff
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Patrick Lencioni
- First, Break All the Rules, Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life, Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, Greg McKeown
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Robert B. Cialdini
- The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit, Seth Godin
- The Smear: How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think and How You Vote, Sharyl Attkisson
- Click here to read Why Scientists Disagree About Global Warming, Craig D. Idso, Robert M. Carter, S. Fred Singer, Heartland Institute
- Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand
- The Road to Serfdom, F.A. Hayek and Milton Friedman
- Free to Choose, Milton Friedman and Rose Friedman
- Academically Adrift: Limited Learning on College Campuses, Richard Arum and Josipa Roksa