Social Media Workshops in the Woods
Looking for a full day social media marketing class near Colorado Springs? Want to learn the basics of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogging, Youtube, Video and other technology platforms from an instructor who speaks layman’s terms?
Well, you’re in luck! I’ve been teaching social media workshops at conferences, conventions and Small Business Development Centers, for non-techies and to individuals for over a decade. My small group workshops are fun, customized, casual, in-depth and no one is made to feel stupid for asking a question.
Located in Black Forest, Colorado, we’re just 15 minutes from Colorado Springs. Attendance is limited to six participants so get your reservation in as soon as possible. Seats go quickly!
By the end of this workshop, you will have learned how to:
- Identify goals and the best social media platforms for your needs
- Maximize exposure by automating some social media posts
- Create a business case for using social media, blogging, video, etc.
- Understand Search Engine Optimization (SEO) basics and best practices
- Develop content that is strategic and drives engagement
- Set up a basic WordPress Blog
- Embed images that enhance your content and contribute to SEO
- Shoot video, add music and upload to YouTube
- Navigate the pros and cons of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Avoid trolls, block troublemakers and follow the right folks
- Follow the “House Analogy” to understand online platforms
- Identify keywords and write page descriptions for SEO benefits
- Find URL’s/domain names that are short and memorable
- Create “evergreen” content that stands the test of time
- Build an editorial calendar for posting convenience and strategic success
- Leverage discipline and long-term commitment that leads to great outcomes
- Understand the terms “widgets” and “plugins”
- Monetize your online presence
- and much, much more!
Dates: Friday, September 25 OR Saturday, September 26, 2020 (workshop is repeated for your convenience)
Time: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
To Register: Email or call Laura for details
Dress: come casual, we’re in the woods
Lunch: Please bring your own. Snacks and drinks are provided. There’s also a great BBQ place within walking distance.
Pets: We have a cat and a dog, so please take a pill if you are allergic. (The cat will hide anyway.)